Illustrator keeps crashing while opening:(

H

househead1990

Every time I try to launch Illustrator CS the applacation closes. Then it prompts me with the "send report to apple" dialog box. I've installed the application numerous times hoping that that was the cause of it but it hasn't seemed to help. Does anyone know what next steps I can take in order to get this application to run? It's really strange because it was running fine before, and now it won't at all. Any help would help. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
try deleting preferences for Illustrator. Also check there are no conflicts with fonts or anything.

OP
S

sbrad009

I get that same error on almost all my applications after extended use. My illustrator will open however. Photoshop tends to crash though in that same exact manner, asking me to send the report to apple.

What system do u have, I got the new 20inch Imac and finding it to be extremely buggy.

-sb

OP
H

househead1990

I have a new Power mac G5 Tower. I haven't come into any ploblems up until now, I've had the comp for about 4 months. Weird! I tried istalling the latest illustrator update but nothing. Dam!
sbrad009 said:
I get that same error on almost all my applications after extended use. My illustrator will open however. Photoshop tends to crash though in that same exact manner, asking me to send the report to apple.

What system do u have, I got the new 20inch Imac and finding it to be extremely buggy.

-sb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Well, I have never had this happen to me... but I can make some suggestions.
First, as was already suggested, just delete all of your Illustrator prefs.
Second, repair permissions.
If neither of those helps, then you may want to try a reinstall again.
First thing though is to completely remove all traces of Illustrator from your drive. Do a Spotlight search and remove any and all files relating to Adobe Illustrator.
Then, check your installation discs to make sure that they are not scratched, or pitted or anything and reinstall it.
If you are having problems with Photoshop then follow the same steps.
If after you have reinstalled and are still having issues, give Adobe's site a look and maybe contact their tech support for further assistance.
:black: Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 X 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2GB RAM Mac OS X 10.5
Yeah, what he (D3v1L80Y) said. And if none of those suggestions work, you might wanna try reformatting your computer, then retry his suggestions.

Reaction score
if you are using any font manager software try disabling that (quitting it) and then starting illustrator.

Another thing to try is eliminate any 3rd party plugins from your illustrator plugins folder if you have any in there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.