booting from external drive

Reaction score
I have a firewire external HD that is bootable however every time i boot, it boots from the internal drive. When I reboot, it boots from the external. Any way I can make it boot from the external hd on the initial boot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hold down option at the startup screen and then select the firewire drive. Alternatively go to the ‘Startup' system preference and make sure the firewire drive is selected there.

OP
I
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Hold down option at the startup screen and then select the firewire drive. Alternatively go to the ‘Startup' system preference and make sure the firewire drive is selected there.

The external drive is highlighted in the startup sys pref. I will try the hold down option when I get home today. Thanks for the quick response!

OP
I
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:

Worked! Thanks a lot!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.