1st Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
Finally broke down and purchased a Mac Mini for the kids. I always wanted to get a Mac, but hesitated since I had so much windows software.

The kids have ipods, so it will get alot of use.

I was never a big laptop person, but have since learned how you can use a regular mouse, keyboard & a regular display and it has me thinking of grabbing a laptop. Have searched ebay and other places, but not too sure what to get.

When I get something I try to get the most bang for my buck, like Ram, hard drive and all of that good stuff.

I mostly just surf the net anymore, maintain some websites (using Frontpage) and basically just play with graphics.

Can anyone recommend what to get and where? I am leaning towards the Mac store since I am not that comforable buying used and not knowing much. I would like something I can grow into.

Thanks and hopefully this is posted in the right forum.

Take care,
Baldman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I would recommend a 12" 1.33Ghz Powerbook.

They're awesome computers that you can purchase for relatively cheap used. I owned one for almost two years and loved every day. Last December, though, I got a 15" due to the fact I started doing a lot of video editing and needed the screen space.

A later iBook wouldn't be a bad idea either, though. It would be less functionaly on the graphical side of things, but works great for surfing/burning/coding.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Baldman said:
Finally broke down and purchased a Mac Mini for the kids. I always wanted to get a Mac, but hesitated since I had so much windows software.

The kids have ipods, so it will get alot of use.

I was never a big laptop person, but have since learned how you can use a regular mouse, keyboard & a regular display and it has me thinking of grabbing a laptop. Have searched ebay and other places, but not too sure what to get.

When I get something I try to get the most bang for my buck, like Ram, hard drive and all of that good stuff.

I mostly just surf the net anymore, maintain some websites (using Frontpage) and basically just play with graphics.

Can anyone recommend what to get and where? I am leaning towards the Mac store since I am not that comforable buying used and not knowing much. I would like something I can grow into.

Thanks and hopefully this is posted in the right forum.

Take care,
Baldman

you could try a macbook or a macbook pro. if you only want to surf and a few grahpics things then a macbook would be ok. but if you can afford it and want the laptop to last you even longer try a macbook pro.

i would buy new.

hope this helps

chris tm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.