Powerbook or Macbook...

H

helduck

hi,

as i write this i am now the proud owner of a 1.67 ghz G4 powerbook which i never though i'd get. always thought of getting the macbook, locked into the debate of 1gb ram vs 2 gb ram and whether i would need to use the PC part of the intel macs. and in the end, at the time macbooks came out in Hong Kong all the apple retailers were trying to get rid of their g4 and imac lines for sweet prices. with a 3 year warranty i paid the equivalent of USD $1465 for the powerbook which doesn't have the processing speed of a macbook but which does have a larger hard disk, cheaper ram upgrades, larger screen, superdrive, and a backlit keyboard. in order for me to get all those options on the macbook i would have been paying more for all these options.

so, anyone out there deciding on intel macs or their predecessors, just think about whether you need the portability and then think about what you want to do with your mac.

my two cents on for anyone converting from PC to mac...

btw...my imac g4 256mb ram 1 ghz that i've been using for a little over two years has suffered little to do speed decrease and has had no virus infections or spyware problems. can't say the same for my pc which i've had to spend extra on for software to maintain the OS from slowing down. ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Well I was going to get an intel mac mini, but I am soon to be getting an emac, For me it is still really powerful for what I want to do, I would ait before I got an intel machine as tey are going to be improved wen the next revisions come out and they ae going to be a bit more cheaper. Te best thing to do is not to get a new piece of hardware when it is brand new as there are still bound to be faults.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.