• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Looking at a new bike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
So I'm seriously considering buying an iXi bike. Anyone have or use one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
do you have hills where you would be using it? I live in San Francisco and have a friend who bought one....he kinda gave up on it because it was harder to get up hills than his regular bike. if, however, where you live is flat, go for it! I looked pretty cool, and it's kinda fun to ride on (tried my friend's out in his driveway).

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well I'm in northern Ohio and while we have some small hills, I'm sure it's nothing compared to what is in San Francisco. :)

F

Fallooza

i think that bike is ugly (just my opinion). im guessin you want a foldin bike. this site has some better lookin ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think it's ugly; it's just different..... if so, then I would invest in one.

but you DO have another bike right? I seem to remember you mentioning your bike somewhere, but I could be wrong....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
800 bucks? i dont really think it is worth the price, you can get a low end road bike that you will absolutely love for 500(last years model) or 700 for this years models. although yes the concept is cool. i ride a Fuji Newest 2.0 right now and the thing is amazing, i go 15MPH avg. easily and i just started riding and it is seriously quite nice. that and the thing is pretty nice looking. that ixi is kinda fugly in my honest opinion

but heck! do what you gotta do and if you like it go for it! just make sure you ride one before you buy one. when i got my bike i rode 13 before i chose which one i wanted.
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
interseting, not really my cup-o-tea, but whatever gets you riding. can i ask why this bike as opposed to a slick singlespeed bike?
i'm diggin the beverage holder :) , but I'm not to sure about the rubber belt..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.