Photoshop vr.5 + CS2 upgrade?

Reaction score
so i dont have photoshop on my apple. but i need it. but i dont need to spend $650 on CS2 or PS vr.7

so i was at the apple store the other day and i asked the girl in the software department if i could buy photoshop elements and the CS2 upgrade and just upgrade the PS elements. she said no. what i could do she said was to buy an old version of photoshop (for example photoshop 5) and upgrade that with the CS2 upgrade. i just have to make sure the copy i buy isnt registered on another computer, or else the upgrade wont work.

is this possible? has anyone done this? what is the earliest version of photoshop that is available for OS X? is it vr.5?

also, im running vr. 10.4.6. if i get software that was intended for lets say and earlier OS version will it still work? or will i need to install an older operating system?

thanks,

adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you are a college student, you may be eligible for a software discount with some stores. I got the CS2 package for $200.
I believe the earliest version of Photoshop on Mac OS X was 7.0.
I could be wrong, but I doubt that you are going to be able to make the jump from version 5 to CS2 with their upgrade discount.

OP
I
Reaction score
CS2 package for 200?!?

where? i would buy that today!

is it the full CS2 package?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.