Lexmark Printer

T

thjustintoo

Hi, im new to macs and im trying to print something with my Lexmark X5720. It says online that it is OSX compatible. I tried using the printer utility but i could not find my model in all the models it listed. Is there something im missing, or somewhere to download more printer drivers to that list so that mine will be there?

Thanks for any help.

OP
T

thjustintoo

Ok i downloaded the macosx driver from that website, but how do i put it into print utility? ...Boy i feel like such an idiot right now lol.

Reaction score
Assuming you installed the driver, open Printer Setup Utility and click on the Add button. You should get a list of installed printer drivers (it might take a while). Click on the Lexmark and select the default printer button.

Just in case (I noticed you said New to Macs), did you get a .dmg file? Double click on it, that's a disk image file. It will mount like a drive. Double click on the installer and follow instructions. You may need to log out/log in or reboot to use it. (All of this is assuming you are an admin user)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.