• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

help on college english paper

Reaction score
so i have this paper due in two days. and im starting to write it and im kinda lost.

its a "self analysis essay" and she says that you should either build up to your most-defining vlaue or assumption or begin with your most-defining value or assumption.

what im confused on is what does she mean by "assumption"?

i mean, i assume most russians are dishonest [i have alot of russian friends and they are ALL super dishonest when it comes to business tactics.] is that what she means? or am i missing something here?

tell me your thoughts on what she means...

-adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would think the best person to ask about this would be your professor.
Otherwise, you are only going to get "assumptions" on what the true intent of the paper that he/she had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
wow is this the new homework hotline....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
hey, just ignore the assumption part and go with the other bit. just describe yourself, it seems like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I am with shillat, definitely ignore the assumption and go with value. Your professor might be also using assumption and value synonymously, in that case it doesn't matter and the prof is just lookin for the idea :biohazard, its also for english so usually most the points are in the grammar, flow, writing format/style...

OP
I
Reaction score
yea, i went with the value part. its the first paper of the semester, so there is usually a chance for a re-write...i hope so, cause this paper isnt my best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well you got 2 days, finish it up really poorly, then read it over and rewrite it. itl be quick the second time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
ask a classmate or your teacher...or show him/her your paper tomorrow so they can say if your on the right track or not. if you are extremely off base ask for a day or two extension.

my guess is that your most defining assumption is your thought on life like maybe your political point of view or religion or something?????
g'luck
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
yeah...just keep the "assumption" part of it in your hear when you're writing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah it seems very subjective.. aka can't be wrong lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.