Trackpad issues

Reaction score
I recently re-installed OS X v10.4 on my friend's G4 iBook. I got the boot disks from a friend who has a iMac (I think he has an iMac). Anyways, now the track pad is not recognized at all. He has to plug up a USB mouse to work it. Any suggestions on this one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well considering you just illegaly pirated OSX to put on another machine, you may want to try the actual disks that came with the iBook. Most install CDs are machine specific.

OP
S
Reaction score
I thought it would be like Windows. My friend got the iBook from his Dad and just the iBook and cables. There were so many passwords on that thing he just wanted to reinstall it so I did. I thought all Apples used the same OS CDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Nope, better ask the dad for the disks.

Reaction score
same problem on my ibook. i bought my ibook as a refurb from fry's yesterday and the system disc's were cracked. i told the salesguy that i needed the discs so he gave 4 cd r's of tiger. so, my question is would any ibook restore disc work properly?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.