A good mouse for the MacbookPro 17"

C

Christiaan Troo

I will be purchasing a Pro17" these days, I have never used a Mac before, I hope it is easy to use. Basically the reason im purchasing a Mac is b/c i can still use Microsoft with bootcamp, but, I want to just use the Tiger OS becasue of what i heard, there are 0 viruses, more stable, faster OS.. etc etc..

What would be a good Apple mouse for this? also, if i use Windows, do all mac mouses just have 1 click on them? :rolleyes:

Can i use non mac mouses on the Tiger sistem?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
OP
I

iRizzo

I have a wireless bluetooth Logitech mouse. It was 5 bucks more than the wireless mighty mouse. It's silver and matches the MBP PERFECTLY. Like I said, it's a Bluetooth mouse so it doesn't take up a USB port. This is an awesome feature. I highly recommend this to you. It has Right Click, Left Click, and a Scroll Wheel. It's really the perfect mouse for the MBP in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
they have a wireless mighty mouse...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
Reaction score
iRizzo said:
When I was playing with my friend's, I couldn't get it to right click on anything. I asked him and he said it didn't have it. ??

You have to configure it in system preferences...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
the mighty mouse is a really good mouse, if a bit pricey. it also has a cord, which you might not like. but for a new switcher, it's nice because it has the familiar right click..

OP
M

MagicBoy

Another vote for the Logitech Bluetooth - I've got a V270. Works straight off the internal bluetooth so no plugs to steal precious ports. It's a good weight, comfortable to use and no annoyances with the sensor unlike some MS and IBM optical mice I've used. Still running on the bundled batteries after 3 months of daily use too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I use a Logitech MX310 with my iBook. It has 5 buttons, Left, Right, Scroll, and back and forward for the internet. Its a couple years old, but Logitech makes some really nice new ones. Ive always used Logitech Mice, and I love them. Check out their cordless mice page.

OP
Y

Yon Yonson

Is the Apple Wireless mouse not very good? I've heard mixed reviews. I too plan on getting a mouse (preferably wireless) and the Apple one would go with it an all, however I'll definately check out the logitech one.

OP
M

menace3054

as mentioned by other posts, i strongly recommend a laser mouse. laser mice are much more accuracte and responsive, especially when gaming or editing. any of the logitiec mx are good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Yon Yonson said:
Is the Apple Wireless mouse not very good? I've heard mixed reviews. I too plan on getting a mouse (preferably wireless) and the Apple one would go with it an all, however I'll definately check out the logitech one.
The Apple wireless mouse is a fine specimen of a single-button mouse. If all you need/want is a simple point-and-click rodent, it's great. (I suggest getting a set of rechargeable AAs, though.) If you need a scroll wheel, right-click, or expose buttons, it's not for you.

Reaction score
Microsoft laser mouse 6000

I purchased this small mouse for my MBP and love it. It is responsive, accurate , you can right click and it has a scroll wheel. Best of all, I got it for only $27 from Surplus Computers shipped free!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.