A good mouse for the MacbookPro 17"

OP
B

Blue Genes

I got the Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo for my 15" MBP. I love them both!

OP
F

fliP

Anybody out there try any BT mouses other than the V270? I wish apple just made a 3 button BT mouse... Nobody has had response or connectivity issues with the MBP and the V270? I read on the Apple support site that 10.4.7 has some issues where you need to turn off non-apple BT devices prior to the computer going into sleep mode. Sounds inconvenient...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
MagicBoy said:
Another vote for the Logitech Bluetooth - I've got a V270. Works straight off the internal bluetooth so no plugs to steal precious ports. It's a good weight, comfortable to use and no annoyances with the sensor unlike some MS and IBM optical mice I've used. Still running on the bundled batteries after 3 months of daily use too.

Ditto. I have a macbook and I use the same mouse (v270) it is really nice and the silver wone looks cool with the MBPs :)

The mighty mouse is nice, but there are much cheaper USB two button scrolling mice out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
fliP said:
I read on the Apple support site that 10.4.7 has some issues where you need to turn off non-apple BT devices prior to the computer going into sleep mode. Sounds inconvenient...

In most cases you just need to set the keyboard and mouse system prefs not to wake up on bluetooth devices. Otherwise it may wake up with the lid down. If there is a bug in 10.4.7 that prevents this from working, its not that incovenient to turn off a wireless mouse. you just flip the switch. Plus it saves the battery.

OP
B

bil2k

Go with Logitech. I have an MX700 wireless and it's great. Don't Logitech's software though. Use USB Overdrive it's much better.

Also sometimes you can find refurbished Logitech mice / keyboards / joysticks on ebay for half the cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.