Shipping Concern

Reaction score
Here's the deal, I ordered my brand new Macbook on Thursday and received an email saying that it shipped on Friday. I live in the U.S. and am using standard ground shipping which is apparently through FedEx. Now come my concerns/questions:
#1- On the Apple Website, it estimates that my package will arrive on July 3rd, yet on the FedEx website, it estimates that my laptop will arrive June 28th. Of course I am praying for the 26th or 27th, but realistically, does FedEx ever beat their predictions? Are they ever late on their predictions?
#2- My tracking status/activity was updated today on the FedEx site and it says that my status is "Shipment Exception". Could anyone shed some light as to what exactly that lovely phrase means?
#3- How long did it take for everyone else's Macbooks to ship?
Thanks in advance for all your help,
Peace,
AC

Reaction score
1: They are pretty accurate, but sometimes they will deliver early or late, more likely early(from my experience). Apple over estimate arrival date.

2: No clue what that means.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Apple said my macbook would arrive on the 27th of June. TNT delivered it on the 21st. So I'm guessing apple is a little conservative with their estimates and that Fedex is probably right on target...

Shipment exception doesn't sound that reassuring though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I used to work at FedEx. Shipment exceptions would happen for a number of reasons. For example, FedEx Ground cannot ship to a P.O. Box as that would cause an exception. This is the biggest reason for a shipment exception.

Other reasons could be they may have encountered a damaged package in which case they would have to return it to Apple. It may have inadvertently been sent to the wrong distribution hub and needed to be rerouted. There might have been a slight hold up in Customs..etc.
Really there is nothing to worry about. If you really want to find out what the exception was/is, then give them a call.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
More than likely it just had something silly to do with shipping it initially out of China. For example it was "passed the cutoff" time for shipping that same day. If you look at the details you'll see what the reason was, that was what it was for mine.

As for shipping time, take FedEx's date, it's almost 99% accurate. You won't get it earlier, especially since it's an international shipment via Fedex Ground.

OP
S
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the fast replies. The Macbook is in Tennessee now!!! It's my first mac ever so it's doubly exciting!

OP
S
Reaction score
You know, one more question...
The times posted on the FedEx website, what time zone are they?
Thanks again!

D

DeathToPCs

I went to the store and bought mine. I didnt want to deal with the shipping worries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
Your Macbook will arrive exactly on the 28th. Trust me, I know this from experience. FedEx will give you the package on the date they give you. I know, I was praying just like you for my iMac to arrive.

Isn't it an extra $33 for overnight shipping?

OP
S
Reaction score
It's in my town!! But it's on the ramp and not the station so I can't pick it up. Apparently, the shipper also has to authorize a pick-up. Would Apple do this?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
skiaec04 said:
Apparently, the shipper also has to authorize a pick-up. Would Apple do this?
Thanks

Security.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
I had a similar issue with my MBP....apple overestimates it's shipping dates. basically, it gives you worst case scenario dates. I got mine 5 days before apple had "predicted."

Reaction score
my order was under my dads name do you think i can sign for it since i am his son and he works full time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope. You need an adult. again, I was faced with the same problem. but I think that you can give them a time to drop it off at (they leave a little card on your door).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool! enojy it

W

weezer0321

So I got the dreaded shipping exception. The reason presented to me as the cause for the exception was " Delay beyond our control " What do you think THAT means and has anyone gotten that message before?

Reaction score
haha i got that to when it was in shanghai....but now its sitting in alaska

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.