Resize An Image

Reaction score
Alright, its 3:30 am and I have been trying to resize the dimensions on this pic for the past half hour but I cant figure out how to do it? Please help?!!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
no need for the language man. what imaging programs do you have available to you in order to resize an image?

what have you been doing in order to resize the image?

you need to let us know a little more about what you are doing

the best bet will most likely be to download GIMP, the free version of photoshop, and then do the resize through that program, you can get it at sourceforge, or at versiontracker
-cris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Phatlip12 said:
Alright, its 3:30 am and I have been trying to resize the dimensions on this **** pic for the past half hour but I cant figure out how to do it? Please help?!!?

As the other follow-up posters have mentioned, there are some apps that work well for re-sizing. In fact, I used a few, wondering like you, what's up with this re-sizing thing. Then, someone was kind enough to point me to the export function of iPhoto. Do your editing/cropping if needed in iPhoto, then highlight the image and export it. You can choose size parameters from there. That *does* result in having more than 1 copy of the image, but after I thought about it, I decided it's not so bad having the original full size image for future use.

Mark

Reaction score
ImageWell is a excellent little (free) app that you can drop pictures onto and then resize, crop and ad some basic annotations. You can then save to various different image formats. Resizing is very easy, either you drag a slider to change the % of size reduction, or you manually change the width or heigh in pixels. Everyone should have this app!

Reaction score
ok, I tried that export thing, and it does create another picture, but the dimensions are still the same. Where excatly do I go to make it BIGGER. I don't want to crop, I can do that already; i want to make images bigger so they want be so fuzzy when I use them as a background.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
you should never, ever enlarge images.
Basically, you can't create detail that isn't there to begin with. If the image isn't large enough, search for a better one. That's one of the first things any designer learns.

Reaction score
^

good lookin' my dude! well then, where can I find desktop images that don't come with a whole bunch of crap that will slow my computer down..... (learned from a baaaaaaad experience before)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
alibumaye said:
^

good lookin' my dude! well then, where can I find desktop images that don't come with a whole bunch of crap that will slow my computer down..... (learned from a baaaaaaad experience before)

I found interfacelift.com to be a fantastic site for apple wallpapers (all sizes, widescreen included), icons and themes. Heaps of great stuff there to keep you looking for hours. I spent a day or two there gettings icons and wallpapers for my new macbooks.

I don't know what you mean about other files slowing your computer down...
Did that happen on a mac? I've never known something like that to happen for macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.