• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My New Ride!! -pics-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
Picked it up this morning. Can't wait to get it in the mountains :batman:
Looks like the 20in iMac will have to wait a bit..

Anyone else ride? What do you ride?

bikeoutside2.jpg

bikeinside.jpg

rearshock.jpg

here's a pic of my hybrid/road ride :dive:
litespeed.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
i like road riding, i have a cannondale CAAD R800.
I like you bikes, the disk brakes look sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
I used to off-road, but it was always on the crappy $75 bikes from Target that would break down in a month.

Now, I do BMX. Redline XX, 2004 30th Anniversary Edition. I used to ride a cheap-o used Haro my friend sold me for $25, but you get what you pay for...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Nice bike!

I used to have a Scott bike, but it rusted up after being ridden to school through the winter... (The salt they put on the road & the snow really mess up the mechanics).

Reaction score
I have never heard of that brand before. I have a Cannodale Jekyll 500, I think its an 04.

I like the idea of a 'hybrid/road' bike. The only ones I have seen like that have been the Gary Fishers, but they are kind of pricey.

OP
BigBear
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
I love riding, it makes you feel like a kid again. good way to get away from everything.

mynameis, does your jekyll have the lefty fork? that thing always weirded me out.
actually the hybrid/road bike is my old skool hardtail with some skinnies for the road :)

Reaction score
BigBear said:
mynameis, does your jekyll have the lefty fork? that thing always weirded me out.

My current one doesn't, but I rode one for awhile that did, I liked them.

BigBear said:
actually the hybrid/road bike is my old skool hardtail with some skinnies for the road :)

Thats pretty much what the bikes Gary Fishers sells are, its a good idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
this is my ride, picked it up about 2 months ago and is super fun to ride.
Newest20.jpg

has a sora front deraileur which kinda bites a bit but i might upgrade that, tiagra rear deraileur which shifts like a dream. it has taken me a long time to get it adjusted correctly for me though but once it is finally there i will be riding all of the time to and from work and for exercise and for fun.

other day i got the front of my seat lifted up a few milimeters, seat moved forward a milimeter and the handlebars tilted up a little bit. turned out i was completely stretched out on the bike (a really bad thing) and it was physically hurting my hands to the point that i had to walk home 3 miles one day.

the shifters on these bikes are amazing because the brake lever also acts as your shifter, so if you are braking and you need to shift you just pull back to stop and move to the inside in order to shift. takes some practice because normally you arent pedaling when you are stoping but it makes life easier because you dont have those hard starts.

once my LBS(local bike shop) finds a pair of good non-leather clipless shoes and pedals i am upgrading from the crappy toe clips and never looking back. i do look forward to falling on my side a few times as i can not remove my feet from the pedals as i am at a complete stop.

once i move into a flat city i am going to look into a fixie, that is going to be a boatload of fun

enjoy the bike,
sorry for the long post

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
very nice bike! I use a gary fisher 2004 tarpon...it's supposed to be a mountain bike, but where I live (san francisco) it's very useful because of the hills and the park trails. and the parks with hills

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Nice bike! *Envy's you*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I used to love riding bikes until I got into cars, really into it with Modding, DIY work...!!!

Very nice...seriously it is...may I ask how much?

Is that your ride/car beside it, what is it?

OP
BigBear
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
Thanks guys! :)

ivtec, it's just a 02 civic sedan, nothing special. modding is sweet, back in the day i used to have a little turbocharged civic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.