Get the Macbook Pro, or the Dell 21" laptop? ***...jijij

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
holy briefcase batman!!!

that is a freaking large 'laptop' and its got a freakin' handle on it too!!!!

that will sell to a limited audience, but i imagine the battery life on that beast to be about 4 minutes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
Is that a 20th aniversary mac? :) Oh its just borrowing some design elements... ~ten years later. Still, its kind of a neat beast and probably just what some people want. I bet it will sell just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
jhelm007 said:
Is that a 20th aniversary mac? :) Oh its just borrowing some design elements... ~ten years later.
How does that monstrosity share any design elements from the 20th Anniversary Mac???
It looks nothing like it, save for the fact that it is black and has an LCD....like tons of other computers out there.

For those who still don't know what a 20th Anny Mac looks like, see the attached thumbnail.

20thflame.jpg

Reaction score
That may be the ugliest thing I've ever seen, however, the idea of a detachable keyboard is somewhat intriguing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
looks very wierd....I mean, kinda like a flatpaner monitor connected to a keyboard....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
It's meant to be a "luggable" if you will. That way you can pull it out where you need. It's designed so that you can take it on a buisness trip and pop it out in your hotel room, or use it as a true "desktop replacement".

Granted I still think it's stupid, it's a good idea.

Reaction score
Can you imagine what it would look like in a small deli or coffee shop with one of those things? Especially on one of those two seater tables? Funny.

Very cool though. But I like my small MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
D3v1L80Y said:
How does that monstrosity share any design elements from the 20th Anniversary Mac???
It looks nothing like it, save for the fact that it is black and has an LCD....like tons of other computers out there.
ummm. laptop-like keyboard... incorporating laptop components in a desktop... as you say the LCD... the optical drive while not vertical is front and center. I didn't say it looks as cool or even that similar. I just said it incorporates some of the design features. Being more modern it has some design advantages over the TAM; being 10 years later it is considerably less inovative. Didn't mean to slander the TAM. Sorry Y'all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.