Aperture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Mini with LG Flatron 20" widescreen LCD
Hi all

I was going to order Aperture to run on my Imac G5 to handle all my photography that i am now into, just as well i checked the minimum specs on the Apple website. It say's a 1.8 ghz processor or faster.
My Imac is only 15 months old and already i cant run some of the latest software on it. Its a 1.6 ghz G5.

It makes my blood boil oh well Apples loss, come on Adobe hopefully you will get lightroom right and i will buy that instead.

Is it just me or is anyone else angry when things like this happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Apparently you don't totally understand what Aperture or Lightroom are really made for. Real time RAW processing is not the same as playing around in iPhoto or even RAW processing in Photoshop. It requires sifting through and processing large quanities of image data each time you view an image. I have tried both Aperture and Lightroom and neither are are impressive from a performance standpoint on my G5 2.0ghz... The chips are still having trouble keeping up with the software. Just 15 months months ago real time RAW management hardly existed... much less were there machines capable of running it with decent performance. I've seen guys with quad g5s complain about the performance.

Times change... get used to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I really like Lightroom.. and yeah Aperture takes some serious power.

Reaction score
if you learn aperture it can be a great tool! for workflow. Just this last weekend i shot over 200 raw images, makes editing the raws a breeze!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I wish I knew the specs of the machine I watched the aperture "sales demo" at the apple store was. It seemed to go pretty quick there.

Lightroom just came out with an update, I have not tried it since downloading the update. It does a fine job, but is also slow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.