Anyone done this Student Discount before ?

C

Christiaan Troo

Hi guys, i was jut wondering how this Student discount works, my brother is going to Cornell University en August for his MBA, and I want to purchase the 17" Pro this week, How doies Apple know when he orders on line if he is really attending Cormell? I mean, the CPU will be shipped to Florida, not Cornell Univ...

Anyone done this Student Discount before?

Reaction score
Don't worry about it just tell them the information the right way and they will do the rest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
i ordered mine on the student discount and had it shipped to my house. you should be fine

OP
I

iRizzo

I bought mine in person. All they asked for was my Student ID and a Driver's License. It worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
My brother bought his MacBook Pro and his wife's MacBook in person and they require ID. I order all of my goodies online and there's no verification required; just find your school and order. It's a bit of a drive for me to my local Apple store, so I typically buy all my Apple stuff online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Last year we went to the Apple store and I had my sister pretend that she was buying my iMac and show her ID. Last night I ordered my MBP online because my sister graduated and Apple doesn't support my school. MBP in 3 days...wooo!!!

OP
C

Christiaan Troo

Cool, is it true that the only way to get 100GB 7400 RPM hard drive, and the GLossy 17" is to order on line? or can you get this when you go to the IMAC store? :headphone :headphone :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Probably not:

The "customized" models can probably be ordered at the Apple Store, but they won't have them there...

Reaction score
IF you go to the store they ask you for proof but if you are online they don't but still most people don't lie.

OP
F

fliP

Christiaan Troo said:
Cool, is it true that the only way to get 100GB 7400 RPM hard drive, and the GLossy 17" is to order on line? or can you get this when you go to the IMAC store? :headphone :headphone :headphone
Yes, you must get the upgraded HD's online. 7200 baby, :ninja:

OP
A

Axxis22

I know people who graduated years ago and still use the student discount. And that limit of items a year is BS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
iRizzo said:
I bought mine in person. All they asked for was my Student ID and a Driver's License. It worked.

Thats what I did.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.