• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple's Leopard has its eye on Redmond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For the second time in as many years, Apple Computer is looking to outshine rival Micrsoft Corp. in the inevitable battle between the two companies' software operating systems.

There's still over a month to go before Apple will take the wraps off Leopard, the next version of Mac OS X, but already the rumor mills are abuzz over a couple of purported screenshots that depict some long-rumored features of the software.

Link to full story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well the poster that posted the screenshots said that they are fake... so the screenshots are fake, but I wonder what features they might have gotten right.. It's going to be interesting :)

OP
coltssaturday
Reaction score
Murlyn said:
Well the poster that posted the screenshots said that they are fake... so the screenshots are fake, but I wonder what features they might have gotten right.. It's going to be interesting :)

Agreed Murlyn, i am looking forward to the fight of Leopard vs. Vista. :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
screenshots are quite interesting, there are some things to notice
pic 1

1. there seems to be some desktop management system
2. tabbed browsing in finder
3. windows icon in menu bar
4. is that IE 7? didn't MS drop it's development for mac?

pic 2

1. peephole to look at the second desktop
2. updated address book/iCal

leopard_1.png

Attachments

• leopard_2.png
    leopard_2.png
    477.3 KB · Views: 19
OP
coltssaturday
Reaction score
MAC-simus said:
screenshots are quite interesting, there are some things to notice
pic 1

1. there seems to be some desktop management system
2. tabbed browsing in finder
3. windows icon in menu bar
4. is that IE 7? didn't MS drop it's development for mac?

pic 2

1. peephole to look at the second desktop
2. updated address book/iCal

about that peephole to look at the second desktop, isn't this thing called Flip 3D in Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I don't think that's "peephole" in Pic 2. I think it's a Core Image filter warping to the second desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
surfwax95 said:
I don't think that's "peephole" in Pic 2. I think it's a Core Image filter warping to the second desktop.

notice how dock is not distorted. it has to be some way to look at second desktop, kinda like exposé, I think.

P.S.
if these screenshots are not fake:)

P.P.S
we'll know the truth in a month or so

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Yea, I think that's just where the guy who photochopped these messed up. If that was a feature of 10.5, it would be pretty useless...I mean, what's the point of seeing 1/10th of a desktop?

But yes, they are fake. I just hope he's right about the unified look. Brushed metal is going down. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I really really really like the look of Vista.. the whole glass look.. I personally think it's way more refined then the current OS X look. If I was just going for looks then I would go with Vista any day, but since an OS is a whole lot more than just looks.. I won't even touch Vista :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.