creative vista plus webcam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hi there.

i have a creative vista plus webcam that i bought about 1 yr ago. I have used it on my windoooze pc a lot with msn but i would like to use it on my mac. I cant find the drivers for it for mac anywhere!

does anyone have any idea?

i have searched creatives website but cant find them

thanks

chris tm

:mac:

Reaction score
christm said:
hi there.

i have a creative vista plus webcam that i bought about 1 yr ago. I have used it on my windoooze pc a lot with msn but i would like to use it on my mac. I cant find the drivers for it for mac anywhere!

does anyone have any idea?

i have searched creatives website but cant find them

thanks

chris tm

This app (here ) provides support for a lot of webcams, they do list two types of creative vista webcams that "should work" so it is worth a try (you can always remove the drivers if you have no success). Good luck!

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
zeta101 said:
This app (here ) provides support for a lot of webcams, they do list two types of creative vista webcams that "should work" so it is worth a try (you can always remove the drivers if you have no success). Good luck!

thankyou very much

i will try it

thanks

chris tm

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have just installed it and it works!

thankyou sooo much, i have been try for 6 months!

thanks

chris tm

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the software maccam works but when i try to share webcam or configure it in aMSN it wont work

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

chris tm

Reaction score
According to the aMSN FAQ, if you have a PPC computer (which your ibook obviously is) then webcamming won't work if both users have their firewalls on (although you might be able to get away with just diasabling your firewall if the other person is not on a computer with a PPC processor, ie, someone with an intel mac, or on windows).

It is possible that there is a workaround for this and the FAQ hasn't been updated, so it might be worth making a post on the aMSN forum here. If you do make a post, then ask if you can keep the firewall on but just allow certain ports to be freed up, this is because in the firewall prefs you can allow certain TCP and UDP port ranges, someone might know what to type in there. This way you don't have to totally disable your firewall.

Good luck again!

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
zeta101 said:
According to the aMSN FAQ, if you have a PPC computer (which your ibook obviously is) then webcamming won't work if both users have their firewalls on (although you might be able to get away with just diasabling your firewall if the other person is not on a computer with a PPC processor, ie, someone with an intel mac, or on windows).

It is possible that there is a workaround for this and the FAQ hasn't been updated, so it might be worth making a post on the aMSN forum here. If you do make a post, then ask if you can keep the firewall on but just allow certain ports to be freed up, this is because in the firewall prefs you can allow certain TCP and UDP port ranges, someone might know what to type in there. This way you don't have to totally disable your firewall.

Good luck again!

ok thanks

i will try the aMSN forums some time. thanks very much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.