Re-Partitioning Mac/Windows Hard Drive

D

DeathToPCs

I already went throught boot camp and have windows XP installed. When i set everything up I only did a 5gb partition. Is there any way for me to re-size the partition without redoing everything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
As the stickies in every forum state, all bootcamp and windows question belong in the bootcamp/windows forums.

Moving.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Not really, no.

Just start the bootcamp assistant, tell it to merge the 2 partitions again (your OSX data should remain untouched) and then repartition it with a larger windows drive and reinstall windows xp.

OP
D

DeathToPCs

I was trying to want to repartition the drive without having to re-install Windows XP

Reaction score
DeathToPCs said:
I was trying to want to repartition the drive without having to re-install Windows XP

I was just reading on Apple's support site and it said that you can't resize unless you run bootcamp again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
no, you have to erase the windows partition, re-partition, and install xp again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
You might be able to resize the partitions with Partition Magic from Windows, but I don't know if Partition Magic can handle mac formated partitions.

OP
O

orthocross

avcabob said:
You might be able to resize the partitions with Partition Magic from Windows, but I don't know if Partition Magic can handle mac formated partitions.

As long as the XP paritition is formatted as NTFS, Partition Magic 8.0 (and above) should work just fine to resize the Windows Partitions. I don't know if PM8 will resize Mac partitions. Haven't tried it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Resizing the NTFS partition with partition magic will likely break the other partitions, including the boot loader & your HFS+ (OS X) partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.