• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple fourth on BusinessWeek's Info Tech 100

Reaction score
To compile the Information Technology 100, BusinessWeek began with financial data from Standard & Poor's, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies that has computerized information on 10,000 publicly traded corporations. We trimmed this universe to information technology companies and then added non-U.S. tech companies recommended by our network of foreign bureaus. To qualify, companies had to have revenues of at least $500 million. We divided this collection of about 500 companies into eight industry categories, such as software and semiconductors. Companies whose stock price has dropped more than 75%, whose sales shrank, or where other developments raised questions about future performance, were eliminated from contention. We also dropped some phone companies whose monopoly or near-monopoly power in their countries gives them an unfair advantage over competitors. The remaining group of companies was ranked on four criteria: return on equity, shareholder return and revenue growth (which were given equal weight), and total revenues (which was weighted). Then, the top 100 companies were reranked as a group. Click on company names for more information.

Link to full story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Sounds good... Microsoft is pretty far down there :) These lists mean nothing to me, however. Apple was one of my favorite companies before this came out

OP
coltssaturday
Reaction score
Pierre said:
Sounds good... Microsoft is pretty far down there :) These lists mean nothing to me, however. Apple was one of my favorite companies before this came out

Now what company is your favorite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
coltssaturday said:
Now what company is your favorite.

When I said that I meant that it was and still is one of my favorite companies; the list didn't sway that.

OP
coltssaturday
Reaction score
Pierre said:
When I said that I meant that it was and still is one of my favorite companies; the list didn't sway that.

Ok, i thought the list changed your decision. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
only us company in the top ten, thats good to see.

that is also a pretty interesting list and interestingly made up list

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.