Where did you purchase your Pro? Apple website or 3rds?

C

Christiaan Troo

I just was wondering if I purchased from 3ds, like MacMall or something, maybe I will be getting the first units that came out (the ones with issues) and not the latest serial number ones...

What do you guys think?
Where did you get your MacBook PRO? :headphone

PS. Macbooks are 200$ more expensive at macstores!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I didn't buy a "pro", but I do work at a retailer in Germany, so let me give you my general experience:

Most companies nowadays try to minimize the amount of inventory they have, as it is an expense.
We rely on fast product deliveries.

The age of the inventory obviously varies by the different models, consumer-buzz for the model and season, but the Macbook Pro machines we currently have in the store are 1-2 weeks old, max.

just my 2¢.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
I bought my Macbook (sans Pro) at my local apple store, but I am lucky since there are two in my area. The next one is opening tommorow and is only 10 minutes away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram
I was blessed with my MBP on March 14, 2006 from the Apple Store in Charlotte, North Carolina. I was on a waiting list for 8 days not as bad as some people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
got mine from the website.

OP
I

iRizzo

I got mine at the Biltmore Apple Store in Phoenix, AZ. It's the latest revision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.1 GHZ
from our university's book store; got $200 discount for being a student.

Reaction score
I purchased mine NIB on ebay *gasp*
Seriously the ONLY legit seller of MBP on ebay. I'm very happy with my machine no matter what rev it is. I got $500 off.

Reaction score
MBP purchase

I bought mine from Mac Solutions in LA. They saved me 10% right off the top, free shipping and no sales tax. Got it within 3 days too with ground shipping.

OP
F

fliP

I just ordered mine on eBay as well *gasp*. I hope it is the same seller that Bluesmudge bought from. I researched him and it seemed legit. Plus, it was about $300 less than Apple even with the student discount.

OP
F

fliP

If I had to do it again, I think I would purchase a refurbished unit from Apple and then throw in Ram, HD, and superdrive upgrades myself. Just my .02

OP
K

Katie

I haven't purchased one yet, but I'm all about buying things from the main place itself and not so much on 3rds. I'll be buying from the Apple store or the Apple store online. :)

OP
J

jsteid

Purchased mine through my school, UVA, it came with some univeristy installed software and 4 year onsite tech support through the university...that was a major selling point!

Reaction score
bluesmudge, whats the ebay user name you got your MPB from? I tried searching *gasp* and the user didn't come up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
I'm not buying a MBP, but I'm atleast buying a Mini tomorrow at my local Apple store..which is 45mins away =) GO INTERNATION MALL IN TAMPA!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Got mine at Charlotte, NC's Apple store, too. Took only a few minutes (about 7 weeks ago). Wanted to get in person due to impatience. Worried too much about possible return hassels via Ebay to get it there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 1.83ghz MBP/ 1.5gbRAM/ 250gb ext hdd/ 19" external display/ MX Laser mouse/ Sony w810 cell/
I got mine from CompUSA. Funny story actually.

The day that bootcamp came out, I got into a fenerbender (well, maybe a little more than that). I had my Acer Ferrari 3400 on my autodesk and some jerk pulls in front of me and slams on the brakes. Well my lappy goes flying OUT the open passenger side window, slams into god knows what and hits the pavement.

BUSTED. Totally busted. Thank god for CompUSA's TAP plan. So I go in, they're gonna RPL it. Well, the just finished sending back the last of their stock to Acer, so they're trying to figure out what to give me. Well my business sales rep was there and he said, hey, he was going to try and get an MBP later on anyways, and this guy is in our top 10 business sales. Lets just give him the credit and let him get the MBP. So I got my mbp and an extra gig of ram and I was out the door.

Gotta love it. I do all my purchases through CompUSA if I can. Good prices for business customers and my rep takes care of me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
online from apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.