limited bluetooth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
are there any bluetooth phones that will work with isync (or can be made to work with isync) that have full bluetooth usage. i have verizon and it seems that all of their bluetooth phones only allow syncing contacts and the address book. what about pictures and music? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I have a Motorola v710 from Verizon. I can use it as a modem via Bluetooth. I can sync contacts via USB. Anything else requires a hack. Verizon is well-known for crippling the Bluetooth capabilities of their phones. However, Verizon has such good reception in New England that I'm not too concern with transferring photos or music. If your phone supports a TransFlash card, you can use that to copy photos and mp3s. You can also email them to yourself or put them in PixPlace or whatever Verizon's service is called. What kind of phone do you have? Also, a good place for lots of cell phone info is Howard Forums, the main cell phone forum site on the Internet:

http://www.howardforums.com/

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
kaidomac said:
I have a Motorola v710 from Verizon. I can use it as a modem via Bluetooth. I can sync contacts via USB. Anything else requires a hack. Verizon is well-known for crippling the Bluetooth capabilities of their phones. However, Verizon has such good reception in New England that I'm not too concern with transferring photos or music. If your phone supports a TransFlash card, you can use that to copy photos and mp3s. You can also email them to yourself or put them in PixPlace or whatever Verizon's service is called. What kind of phone do you have? Also, a good place for lots of cell phone info is Howard Forums, the main cell phone forum site on the Internet:

http://www.howardforums.com/

i have the v710 like you. i was wondering if its just the 710 or all verizon bluetooth phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
All the Sony Ericsson phones I have work with full bluetooth support, although I am in the UK. I have heard that US operators cripple certain phone features? Some UK operators have done similar in the past, but they lost so much business they stopped. Maybe getting a 'sim free' phone with no firmware hacks would be the best bet?

R

Rcadden

Only US CDMA Operators cripple bluetooth (Sprint and Verizon) Cingular and T-mobile both have fully uncrippled Bluetooth. Ah, the beauty of GSM :) But that's opening another can of worms, for another forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.