address book + bluetooth phone questions.

Reaction score
hi all

i have a phone (sony ericsson t630) that i like to keep on silent all the time. its set to vibrate so i usually know when a call comes through but at home i plug it into a usb charger and connect it to my mac with bluetooth to address book. if i do this my phone stops vibrating, is there any way to make address book give an audio as well as popup message alert? i keep missing calls and sms messages.

it would be great if i could get the mac to automatically connect to the phone too. say when i come home and if my mac is left on, i'd like it to reconnect to the phone every time as soon as its within range (or to make it check at regular intervals say). if i turn my mac on from cold and my phone has bluetooth enabled it automatically connects to it so i don't see why it couldn't be made to keep rechecking if its disconnected.

edit: mm auto-pausing itunes when a call comes through would be good too.

also someone already asked (no replies as yet) but i'd like to use my mac as a hands free for my mobile too..

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You might want to look into BluePhoneElite I really like that program and it should do everything that you want :)

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks so much! thats a great little app. i couldn't see how to use my macbook's built in mic and speakers to make calls tho, is that possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I think that's planned for the next version... You'll need to check their website for that info. It was something like Apple didn't have that ability yet.. and they are working with Apple to get it.. or something like that :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.