• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

help needed asap (school related)

Reaction score
i have a document that i need to open FAST in order to turn in an assignment by midnight. its now 10.

its a file in .pub format and i dont know what program to open it in. can anyone help me with this. it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Microsoft Publisher.

OP
I
Reaction score
thank you sir.

i tried opening it in adobe bridge (dont know how that program got on my comp) but it gave me an error message reading:

"adobe bridge cannot open file. you have installed and launched at least one other application to use adobe bridge."

ill try that MS app. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
about doesn't look like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
You'll need to find a Windows machine that has Microsoft Publisher installed as only Publisher can open .pub files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
Microsoft knows better than to offer Publisher on Macs that run Quark, InDesign, etc. It's only made for Windows...

But, if you've got a windows machine, bootcamp or Virtual PC then that's totally an option. ;)

Good luck!

OP
I
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. i actually found a hard copy of the paper i needed. but that sucks that i need a 100 dollar program to open a file for school. im gonna talk to my teacher about the file when i get to class tomorrow.

thanks,

adam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.