350 mhz g3 capable of video playback?

F

feverlax

I'm thinking about buying a 350 mhz g3 b&w powermac with either 384 or 512 mb of ram, a 40gb harddrive a combo drive with panther. Is this powerful enough for video playback? it doesnt have to have the best framerate or anything, i just want it to play and not lag. So is this sufficent or do i need sumthing better?

O yeah, it has the standard vid card in it, ATI rage sumthing, i forget

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
yeah, it would be fine. Just make sure your RAM is maxed and you are fine.

OP
R

Rob

feverlax said:
I'm thinking about buying a 350 mhz g3 b&w powermac with either 384 or 512 mb of ram, a 40gb harddrive a combo drive with panther. Is this powerful enough for video playback? it doesnt have to have the best framerate or anything, i just want it to play and not lag. So is this sufficent or do i need sumthing better?

O yeah, it has the standard vid card in it, ATI rage sumthing, i forget

Sure thing! The video may take a little bit to start going, but after that it runs just fine. (I have tried this with out older Macs at my school)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
When you say video playback, do you mean also playing DVD's? Make sure your Rage 128 has a DVD decoder card... if you want to upgrade the card, there are many ATI Radeon 7000's on ebay. They have more ram, and will boost performance on the entire system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Over time you could upgrade the processor. Which reminds me about a certain thread I would like to start.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.