iPhoto and sharing photos

P

philipw2

My .mac account is about to run out. Is there another photo sharing service that I can easily share photos from iPhoto that doesn't cost $150? How do you work it from iPhoto? I know this is dumb, but I cannot seem to figure out how to share photos from iPhoto oither than through .mac. Help appreciated.

I promise to make future questions less dumb, or at least more challenging.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
There are many places online to keep photographs. Photobucket, Smugmug are two other popular ones.

If you decide to go with smugmug...save me some money and yourself:

You can save a friend $5 on a smugmug subscription and earn $10 yourself! It's simple: have your friend enter your personal coupon( jIronk9jLoeEg ) in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form (Important: They can't enter any other information, such as your name. Just your email address or coupon).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
verseguru said:
Check out PictureSync it works with many photo sharing sites, and reads (from iPhoto and others)/saves annotations.

yeah, I just discovered that last night - and it's something I'm sure will be really useful to me. You can synch it to online image hosting accounts and photos selected in iPhoto are discoverable by this app, and can be uploaded directly from it. Photobucket automatically resizes, so I'm assuming it's fine to upload photos in their original res and have them scaled down.

Reaction score
dtownley1, are you uploading or downloading photos? Clear up the situation, please. Maybe I misunderstand something???
If you're still interested in this thread you may look at www.apple.com/life/iphoto/
I think it'll be interesting for you to look at this site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
kyii said:
dtownley1, are you uploading or downloading photos? Clear up the situation, please. Maybe I misunderstand something???
If you're still interested in this thread you may look at www.apple.com/life/iphoto/
I think it'll be interesting for you to look at this site.

I don't quite understand what you're getting at there. I was just expanding on the software outlined by verseguru. Sharing photos includes uploading them, which is what that software helps you to do, to a range of services.

Although I'm new to that particular app, I've been uploading photos for quite some time. I did specify that the software allows for uploading of photos, so I'm not sure where the confusion lies...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.