cant connect = ethernet...

M

mrjt_mac

just installed Boot Camp/ Xp. ... I CAN connect when in 'mac mode', but on re-boot and using XP .// no internet

i have rebooted again and again diconnecting ethernet cables and it seems to do nothing

im struggling ...

thanks.

OP
M

mrjt_mac

also ----

when running ipconfig in dos... i cant even get an ip address!!

it just comes back blank .. 'ipconfig /renew, /release, /flushdns .. .nothin!

?

someone out there has to feel my pain!

how can i gamble on bodog w/ out the net and windows! they dont support mac yet...

thats what this is allll about.

fhukin poker.

joy!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Which intel Mac do you have? Also, when you ran BootCamp, did it tell you to make a driver CD? Did you make it? After you installed Windows XP did you feed it the Driver CD? If not there is probably no driver for your NIC card in the Mac which would give you the problem you are having.

OP
M

mrjt_mac

ah!

"Which intel Mac do you have? "
sorry -- its a brandnew MAc book pro but im not sure what ur asking...

yes, i did make that cd and i will try that for sure! so i just put it in and theres an auto run?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
mrjt_mac said:
ah!

"Which intel Mac do you have? "
sorry -- its a brandnew MAc book pro but im not sure what ur asking...

yes, i did make that cd and i will try that for sure! so i just put it in and theres an auto run?

I just wanted to know which model Intel Mac it was. MacBook Pro.

If I remember right it came right up when I put it in the drive in XP. If not double click and see what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.