Connecting to plasma TV

A

airline1

If I were to connect my powerbook to my plasma TV via DVI, what kind of picture quality could I expect?

I used to have X-Plane (flight sim) and would be tempted to get the new version if it displayed correctly on the TV.

Cheers
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Video and games would look decent, but text will be very blurry. Also the game would most likely run poorly given the size of the screen and the size of your video card. It's worth a shot though...

I have a Powerbook (15" 1.67) with 2Gb of RAM and when I hooked it up to my friend's 52" (i think), the picture quality was fine for movies, but like I said, I couldn't navigate my folders due to the blurriness of the text...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It really depends on the resolution of the TV. Most plasma displays are fairly low-res, given how big they are. If you can get the resolution to match up, you shouldn't have any fuzzy text. You won't be able to perfectly mirror the built-in display, but you should be able to either use the TV as a second monitor (with a lower resolution) or set your built-in display to mirror at the same (low) resolution as the TV.

If you can't see the TV's resolution in System Preferences after you connect it, you should be able to use DisplayConfigX to match it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.