MacBook Pro keyboard wont work with WinXP anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
I was wondering if someone could give me a hand. I have been using Windows XP on my MacBook Pro for about a week now and everything wa running fine and the all of a sudden, the keyboard on the MacBook doesnt work at the login screen. I try connecting external keyboards and still no avail. If anyone could help me with this problem that would be great.

Thank You!
Primal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I just ran into this problem with my Macbook:
Suddenly no response from the internal keyboard...

I'm doing a reinstall now, I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Note: I just remembered that there was a SMC firmware update for the MBP, have you installed that? (Check OSX's software update function)...

OP
PrimalYeti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Aptmunich said:
I just ran into this problem with my Macbook:
Suddenly no response from the internal keyboard...

I'm doing a reinstall now, I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Note: I just remembered that there was a SMC firmware update for the MBP, have you installed that? (Check OSX's software update function)...

Are you doing a fresh install? Like u reformatted that section of the drive and then reinstalled it, or are u just repairing it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I repaired Windows XP and all is working fine now...

So just pop in your Windows XP disc, hold down the option key and then select it as the start volume and select 'repair windows'...

OP
PrimalYeti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aptmunich said:
I repaired Windows XP and all is working fine now...

So just pop in your Windows XP disc, hold down the option key and then select it as the start volume and select 'repair windows'...

Hey, i did as you said, and yup it worked =D for about 1 day and then bam, same problem, so i repaired it again and it worked for about one more day and then bam, again no keyboard. So i reformatted that partition, re installed Windows XP and it worked, and then a day in, same god **** problem! Ive tried re installing the Mac drivers but nothing.

If anything can tell me why in gods name this happens, id be as giddy as a school girl.

Thanks
Primal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Weird... I haven't run into any problems since...

OP
PrimalYeti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aptmunich said:
Weird... I haven't run into any problems since...

Did ur copy come off the shelf? Or did it come bundled with your previous PC? Also, is it an original or a 'back-up'?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.