Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
from $3000 to $500 yes its true

S

Sticz

campayne said:
from $3000 to $500 yes its true

yeah i know, its so cool. I can finally afford it. But Its making my desicion between getting a Macbook and a Powermac G5 so hard.

OP
campayne
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
The reason for the pricedrop is because shake is no longer going to be developed. Apple are working on something new and better.

OP
campayne
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so then it might be better to save $$$ and wait for the new one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
that is a very interesting bit of information regarding why they are dropping prices, do you have a link to a reliable source on that one?
-chris

Reaction score
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/06/20060619205409.shtml

Update 2: According to Shake users who have contacted Apple regarding software maintenance issues, Apple states that users will be unable to receive further updates for Shake as development has been focused towards the "next generation" of the application. Partial quote below, with full quote in the thread.

Apple will no longer be selling maintenance for Shake and no further software updates are planned as we begin work on the next generation of Shake compositing software.
According to our source, this "next generation" program is not based on Shake code, but rather is based loosely on Motion code, which may explain why Apple is licensing Shake code to select Maintenance customers for $50,000.

Not sure if you could call it reliable, but they are saying this is what Apple has said via customers who have called up, I don't think macrumors would make this up? The last bit is obviously a rumor however (the bit starting "According to our source").

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.