• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Apple Products

Reaction score
Everything looks cool except the video iPod, i think the screen is way too wide.

iTablet should be introduced by Apple next. Good find. :cool:

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
I'm gonna enter that thing. I wonder what i could make, hmm..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
i like the macbook nano

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I sent in the MacBook Mini. Crappy chop, but it was the first photochop ive ever done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
MacSlate Pro is nice, except that is so impossible. The screen is out of whack and the apple logo and isight is too big but i really like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I feel like smacking these ideas around a bit today :)

I don't think most of those are going to happen. Just look at the "True Video iPod" near the bottom. The touchpad screen is cool, but that would pick up fingerprints like crazy. People are complaining about their MacBooks turning from white to yellow; I can imagine the feedback Apple would get about having fingerprints and smudges on an iPod like this. To quote Oobie-Doobie of Thumb Wars fame: "What a whiner that kid is!"

Next up, the iTablet. Same issue, fingerprints. What about protecting the screen? I like to toss my laptop in my backpack or carry it under my arm - what am I supposed to do with the iTablet? Does it come with a flip-over screen cover? And how I am supposed to use it to show off or watch a video - does it have a picture frame-style stand? Going along with the MacBook and MacBook Pro standards, I'd imagine it would be 1" thick and 86C, enough to fry the skin on my arm. Next!

The PDA looks pretty sweet (iPT), but how exactly do you get stable video chats? Apple would have to come up with some amazing software to handle your arm shaking. I can't even take non-shaky photos with my digital camera 90% of the time.

I can only wonder how far this multimedia stuff will go. I mean, come on - how often do you really watch a photo slideshow on your TV? I can see the use for a TiVo with an integrated DVD player, but some of these devices are going so far that they make me scratch my head and wonder if I'll ever use them. Before I modified my Intel Mini and turned it into a useable desktop computer, I used it as a fancy DVD player:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11405752@N00/163278012/

It handled music & videos quite nicely. I'd like to see Apple release a real HTPC Mini with a more ergonomic remote, integrated TV tuner, and TiVo-like software. Just think...access your entire music collection via iTunes sharing for playing music in your home or at a party, record and watch all your favorite TV shows, play DVD movies, play audio CDs, all in a compact, quite little box on top of your TV. I like that idea!

/end rant

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.