Installing RAM question

Reaction score
I installed RAM on my iMac intel, sinch. All I had to do was get a screwdriver and unscrew the bay, pop it in, re-mount the bay, and fire it up. but it looks like from youtube.com install videos and apple documentation that the L shaped bay may be difficult to unscrew without an angled screw driver or a really tiny one, is this true? should i fear installing it? because i don't have these kind of screw drivers, just a basic one that's long. thanks.

(sorry if this may seem like a stupid question).

K

kiddwnst

the day i bought my macbook, i opened up the memory upgrade enclosure with a small, straight screwdriver, no problem. the memory popped out no problem as well. the only thing i noticed is that when snapping it back in i had to push really hard, so hard that it made me a litttle nervous. otherwise, the installation was a snap. good luck.

OP
T
Reaction score
how much ram do you have and does it make a big difference? i didn't have my imac long enough to see if there was a difference between 512mb and 1.5gb.

but if i get 1gb, i'll know if there's a difference between 512mb and 1.25gb because i'm keeping my macbook.

L

Lucky8

thadoggfather said:
but if i get 1gb, i'll know if there's a difference between 512mb and 1.25gb because i'm keeping my macbook.
Does the MacBook's temperature rise by having an unmatched 1gb and a 256mb RAMs in there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
i herd noise increases with more ram

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.