Old Printers

Y

yulilgit

Hi All,

Excuse my ignorance here, I did have a Mac for a while, but try as hard as I could, I just couldn't get away from using M$ Access, and unfortunately any emulators I used made the program so slow that it just wasn't worth using.

But I digress.

A friend of a friend of my partners dog walking uncles friend was recently given an old Mac laptop, a 1400 series running some incarnation of OS 8. She'd like to use it as her own laptop for fairly basic and mundane things that it should be able to handle very effectively.

However she's also decided that to do this she'd need a printer.

Anybody able to give any advise on printers available and the cost? She doesn't want to spend much obviously so hopefully I can find something on eBay (uk) for her.

Thanks for your time, and of course for any help you are able to give.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
yulilgit said:
I did have a Mac for a while, but try as hard as I could, I just couldn't get away from using M$ Access,

The first step is admitting that you have a problem ;)

yulilgit said:
Anybody able to give any advise on printers available and the cost? She doesn't want to spend much obviously so hopefully I can find something on eBay (uk) for her.

I got a Canon BJC-80 portable printer with 6 cartridges and 2 spare heads off ebay (in the UK) for £25 including postage. Those are marvellous little devices; ink is dirt cheap for them and they are about the size and shape of a small laptop, so can be carted about easily.

OP
Y

yulilgit

cazabam said:
The first step is admitting that you have a problem ;)

I got a Canon BJC-80 portable printer with 6 cartridges and 2 spare heads off ebay (in the UK) for £25 including postage. Those are marvellous little devices; ink is dirt cheap for them and they are about the size and shape of a small laptop, so can be carted about easily.

Excellent advice, checked out eBay and it looks like one can be picked up very cheaply.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.