Duplicates ahhh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP 2.0Ghz 1GB RAM & 30GB IPOD Video
Ok so i have a decently sized collection of music much of it is non recoverable if deleted anyway i converted my entire collection to AAC (sounded like a good idea a thte time) anyway now my collection is duplicated and was knowing the best way to deal with this problem would be;.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
corey.pete@gmai said:
Ok so i have a decently sized collection of music much of it is non recoverable if deleted anyway i converted my entire collection to AAC (sounded like a good idea a thte time) anyway now my collection is duplicated and was knowing the best way to deal with this problem would be;.

How big is your Music collection? If it is not many, you could use the "Show Duplicates" option from the iTunes main menu and remove all the duplicates.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP 2.0Ghz 1GB RAM & 30GB IPOD Video
novicew said:
How big is your Music collection? If it is not many, you could use the "Show Duplicates" option from the iTunes main menu and remove all the duplicates.
3000?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
If you have already converted all your files in to AAC, you can practically delete all the files in other formats from iTunes, right? For that you can goto "View Options" from the main menu and check the "Kind". This will show you the formats of your music collection. Now you can sort and delete all the files with other formats.

If the above method doesn't work try an Apple Script. Here is a good place for that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.