Ichat not coming up?

V

vicreoy

I was wondering why my ichat, when clicked on, pops up and bounces like it is supposed to come up, but then doesnt? It shows the little triangle underneath the icon for one second, but then it goes away and then nothing loads.....no ichat at all. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just installed Panther 2 days ago, and it was working fine. I installed a firewall, but then uninstalled it because it didn't work.

I appreciate your time and info.

Peace,
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I had this same problem for a while.

What i did was unplug my ethernet cable from the back of my powerbook. opened up iChat. It would then open up and say connection not found and then i just plugged back in and it worked fine

OP
V

vicreoy

wow...thanks man. I wonder why it doesn't load when the cable is plugged in? Thanks for the post.

peace,
steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
yea it hasn't happened to me in a while.

What i did so i dont have to unplug the cable everytime is create a network location where the ethernet port is disabled so that it just wont have the connection then i just switch back to automatic

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.