does anyone have an ibook with a battery that actually fits

T

tmjf_sifu

just about every ibook and pb i have seen have ill-fitting batteries. i know this has been a problem, but does anyone have a mac notebook with a battery that does not stick out????? are there any plans to improve this??? seems a shame that a product that is amazing in so many aspects has this one annoying flaw!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
My powerbook battery fits just fine.

OP
I

iSteve

tmjf_sifu said:
just about every ibook and pb i have seen have ill-fitting batteries. i know this has been a problem, but does anyone have a mac notebook with a battery that does not stick out????? are there any plans to improve this??? seems a shame that a product that is amazing in so many aspects has this one annoying flaw!

On mine, the problem was caused by the springs having too much "push" to them. I trimmed 1mm off from the battery were it sits on the springs and it seems ti fit alot better.

OP
J

jonnyturner

mine stands slightly proud on my new ibook, and yeah its annoying cos otherwise the finish is excellent! i think ill try that trick with the springs as when i push it it sits ok

OP
S

Stanley

Now you mention it. The battery pops out a very little (1mm maybe). Never noticed that before ;-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Mine's fine, not quite flush - about .5mm out but not annoying at all.

OP
A

amcdonnell

what is quite unflush is the cd/dvd drive, which sticks out like a sore thumb. Forcing it in further brings it beyond flush!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
amcdonnell said:
what is quite unflush is the cd/dvd drive, which sticks out like a sore thumb. Forcing it in further brings it beyond flush!

My wife's CD/DVD drive has the same problem.

OP
B

Bluecrabby

flushiness, (cool word ya know)

My battery doesn't stick out at all, but my CD-RW/DVD does the slightest bit. I don't find it irrataing though, but i do jiggle it unconciously.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

no issues here at all with mine....seems to sit perfectly not an ibook but a powerbook al

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.