MacBook and Networking

Reaction score
I just recently set up a network within my household using a simple wireless routher between two of my PC's and am able to share things between both computers. I can also use the same router with both PC's and my Macbook to connect to the internet. My question is does anybody know how to share the files on my Macbook with the rest of the computers, and allow me to access the files on the other PCs. Sorry if this isnt very specific, Im new to networks and to Mac, details would be appreciated.

Reaction score
There are details on apple's site and in your computer's help.
However, its been a long time since I set up my network so I'll try to remember some stuff. I know I can get files from PC's, but since I never use the PC's in my house I don't know if they can get the Mac's files.

In system prefs, go into sharing and select allow windows sharing. Very often thats all you need to do. Select networks in finder, wait about 20 seconds, and if the PC was networked correctly (thats the hard part of course, hahaha) then it should show up and allow you to use files which it has allowed to be shared.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.