Need help with Screen Printing/Photoshop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
Well, I just recently drew up some designs for my buddies clothing company and would really like to know in just what spec I need to get them in order to have them ready for screen printing. Anyone with any sort of experience in this and could lend me some feedback would be much appreciated.

thank you.

S

seinman

Most places that do screen printing are going to be able to read a Photoshop file just fine, and may even provide templates. It's been my experience, however, that a vector file (Illustrator) is going to look much better screen-printed because of the nature of vector vs. raster graphics. I designed two shirts and a CD face label for a local band, all of which were screen printed, all of which were done in Illustrator, and all of which looked incredible on the final product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am going to second the Illustrator suggestion. A vector based design is going to transfer to a shirt much better.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
So how do I go about opening a .jpg file in illustrator, it never seems to work. and how to I color and clean up the lines of the image?

thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.