• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MacNN forums deleted my account!

Reaction score
I'm very new to the online Mac community. I had a iMac, ages ago, back when the Indigo iMac 350 first came out. Sold it shortly afterwards while it was still pretty new. Here it is like 5 years later, and I'm getting back into them. I googled for some Mac related forums to ask questions in. I found these forums, and MacNN's forums.. I made about 20 posts over there, as well as here. I find that they have a "Modifications" section that's missing here, I really enjoy hacking my hardware, being a long time PC guy.. Anyways.. For no reason, out of the blue, my account was deleted over there.. No email explaining why, the account is just flat gone. I found one of my old posts and I'm listed as a "guest" with all my stats deleted. Is that normal for them to delete newbie's accounts? Is there a better forum that I should look into, as I'm not much inclined to give them a second chance.
Sorry to have to ask about some other forum on this one, but this is the "anything goes" section, and I'm feeling kind of rejected..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
well feel free to create threads about modifications here in the anything goes, software and hardware sections depending on what the mod is.

we dont have a modification forum but if the idea is picked up quickly the mods are pretty good with listening to our thoughts and ideas
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
We do have some modders here but its not a big part of our forum. Just put your hardware mod questions in the hardware section.

We delete accounts if inactive for over a year. We also wont just delete your account outa the blue, we will ban you and embarrass you first :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
As Graphite said, we don't just delete/ban out of the blue here unless you spam. :)

You'll find that there is a distinctly different atmosphere here than what you'll find on MACNN, Macworld, etc.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I wonder what is up with them zapping your account? I have not logged in there in probably 10 months to a year and my account was still there. I wonder what is up?

I never go there as I really did not like the forums there that much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
UnaClocker said:
Anyways.. For no reason, out of the blue, my account was deleted over there.. No email explaining why, the account is just flat gone.

You probably pissed off the hardcore fanboi section. Did you ever post something that triggered a reply along the lines of "well, if you don't like it the way it is, why don't you go back to Windows/PCs!!!1111!eleven" ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
UnaClocker said:
Is that normal for them to delete newbie's accounts? Is there a better forum that I should look into, as I'm not much inclined to give them a second chance.
Sorry to have to ask about some other forum on this one, but this is the "anything goes" section, and I'm feeling kind of rejected..
I don't think anyone here is going to be able to give you a fair answer on that one. Since you are asking about another forum, the best advice I can give you is to ask them. You may not want to give them a "second chance", but the only way you are going to find your answer is to ask them.
:black:

OP
U
Reaction score
Yeah, I clicked the "Contact Us" link, and sent them an email. No reply yet. Oh well. And no, I never got any jostled feathers type replies. I was really only asking questions about things there. Oh well. Thanks for the great welcome here, though. :)

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
Maybe they thought you created another account, but then they would tell you.

Reaction score
There could be a lot of reasons like you spammed or didn't follow the rules or i guess they just did it for fun. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I gota say... that would be fun :biohazard

eitherway, your welcome to stay here...

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
Fun for them , but not for him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
I enjoy this community much more then MacNN. I find the mods there will close alot of threads without moving them or explaining where they should be. Also, there are typically only 3-4 replies per post.

Here the mods are more considerate and more people are willing to respond to your threads no matter how simple or complicated the question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Mac-Mod is a much better site for hardware modding anyways. They have a relatively small communtiy/forum. It's a nice site, check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.