Your Bluetooth mouse

D

Durtyrice

Just in the market for a bluetooth mouse that works well. One that will work in OSX (of course) and in Windows XP (via bootcamp). I have a macbook pro if that matters. I see many get the Logitech v270, but I believe thats just because it matches so well. Or is it because its the best mechanically and economically? Please post any experience you have with a bluetooth device on your mac.

I do enjoy having extra buttons as well, does anyone know/have a 5 button mouse that works?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
I have a Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse. It is small, works under both operating systems, and not very expensive.

It does get disconnected for a second or two every once in a while, but it is a minor inconvenience. I still like it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have that same Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse. It works great. It's not all that small but not large like some Logitechs I have used. Every once in a blue moon like eddiddiums said, the connection has dropped for maybe 1 second, but that is very rare. Am very happy with it. I have not used any other Bluetooth mouse but this Logitech.

OP
D

Durtyrice

That makes sense I suppose. My current pc has a wireless keyboard and mouse (not bluetooth) and it drops a connection alot. . .you have to find the perfect spot in the room to get a signal. My friend has the same set though and his works fine. . . i suppose there is just something wrong with my receiver. But I really feel that I've been spoiled with my 5 buttons. It will be hard to go to 3 and even harder to go to 1

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There is a larger and a lot more expensive Logitech Bluetooth with probably 5 buttons but I have never tried it and it's around $90.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I know the BT500 is supposed to be fairly decent...

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
How are the Logitech, I have never tried one, I may buy one though. Apple mouse looks cool but it doesnt have multiple butons.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am and always have been a big fan of Logitech mice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I am normally a fan of Logitech mice, but the larger bluetooth logitech is supposed to have some issues (takes some time to re-connect, no on/off switch).

Currently I'm sticking with my Logitech iFeel Mouseman: best mouse I've ever used!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aptmunich said:
I am normally a fan of Logitech mice, but the larger bluetooth logitech is supposed to have some issues (takes some time to re-connect, no on/off switch).

Currently I'm sticking with my Logitech iFeel Mouseman: best mouse I've ever used!

Thanks for the info!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.