Bluetooth Headsets

M

mh10190

Im wondering, do any Bluetooth headsets (mainly made for use with a cell phone) work with a mac running skype?

ThanQ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Logitech Mobile Freedom. Works great with my Mini as well as my Motorola v710 cell phone. About $40 online, I bought mine from Buy.com. Make sure it's the Mobile Freedom model, not the Mobile Traveller model. It's lightweight, it's easy to use, and it has good sound quality. Here's a link to Logitech's page:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2193,CONTENTID=9502

To set it up in OS X, charge up the heatset, make sure it's off, then hold the On button for about ten seconds until you hear a second, higher-pitched beep. Make sure that the Bluetooth setup wizard is running (tell it to look for a headset). It will find the headset and ask for the Passkey (I believe they are all 0000). Then you can go into Sounds in OS X's prefs menu to play with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
mh10190 said:
Im wondering, do any Bluetooth headsets (mainly made for use with a cell phone) work with a mac running skype?

ThanQ
They should. I've used 3 different headsets, two Motorola's and one Jabra without issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
schweb said:
They should. I've used 3 different headsets, two Motorola's and one Jabra without issue.

Hmm. I was playing around with my Logitech and I was getting some serious static based on where I was in location to my Mini. If I was near & above it, it was fairly clear, but if I leaned back in my chair, I got major static. Is that normal?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.