• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

It is a crime not to have seen ANTITRUST

S

StarManta

If you are remotely geeky, Antitrust is the BEST movie for geeks I've ever seen. How geeky? Basically, if you know what open source means, you qualify.
Now go watch Antitrust.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
geekiest? maybe. but all Mac Nuts must see Pirates of Silicon Valley

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yeah when is that showing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
MacAddikt said:
geekiest? maybe. but all Mac Nuts must see Pirates of Silicon Valley

we watched that in my 8th grade home and careers class.

I dont remember why but i remember I was the only person paying attention.

and to think i didnt even have a mac back then.

Hackers is a pretty cool geeky movie

OP
S

StarManta

I'm a big fan of having things be like they *actually* are, and hence didn't like Hackers' over-dramatic computer graphics...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Avalive said:
I ain't geek. I saw antitrust yrs ago and I liked it.

your posting on a macforums website....your a geek...we all are in some shape or form

OP
T

TylerMoney

I'm proud to be a geed...

I liked Pirates of Sillicon Valley, and will see Antitrust now..

as for hackers....I own it. It's more of a joke movie than anything....but all their lingo is based of of unix stuff...kinda.....and yes...pretty much everything they do is made up specifically for the movie..but it's still a fun movie...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I agree about Hackers- it is a really good movie even if none of the internet stuff is realistic -and I've seen it a few times. I like that boat! :)

OP
A

Avalive

trpnmonkey41 said:
your posting on a macforums website....your a geek...we all are in some shape or form

ohoooo,I didn't know I invaded in a "holly geek ground".
I don't mind to be a geek,and i think every single human is a geek in certain ways. Who knows. I was just wandering on net. Like lil drunk fly,I got caught by Mac's big web. "Hey,sipder,Welcome me to ur family!"
ps:I know nothing about hecker or cumputer. But I Think it is coolest

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Welcome to Mac and the forums! Being new to Mac - if you don't have Mac Janitor and your Mac is asleep or shutdown in the wee hours, here is a bit of manual maintenence:
repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, varify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions. Also make sure you run cron tasks Finder, Applications. Utilities Terminal type (switching to root - superuser) sudo sh /etc/daily > this needs to be done /weekly (instead of dailly) and monthly. again with all apps closed.
;) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.