iChat question

S

storyoftheghost

Each time i try to start a one way video confrience, it starts to connect then says it failed because i did not respond.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Reaction score
ya that same thing happened to me and still hvae not found a way to connect to a mac user or a pc user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
First, restart iChat and try again.
Next, do a permissions repair and the try again.
Third, it could simply be that there isn't enough bandwidth on either your side or the other person's.

OP
V

vonstro

vonstro

storyoftheghost said:
Each time i try to start a one way video confrience, it starts to connect then says it failed because i did not respond.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Yeah, maybe. Are you using a wireless router? You'll have to enable port forwarding and you'll also want to "reserve" the specific port you use for your MacBook. This turned out to be the only way that I could iChat with my MacBook Pro. I too got that same crazy error message.

OP
O

OsekOne

Yep. Im not on a wireles connection but the person who I am trying to connect with is. And i get the same thing. But at apnera bread which uses wifi and it worked fine. But we were only a table away from each other testing it out. What do I need to do to get it to work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 256 Vid Card, 1 gig ram, 40 gig ipod, 4 gig nano, 512mb shuffle
i had the same problem did a simple google search and found apple's help pages for it here it says which ports to open, worked like a charm i am now using ichat to talk to all my aim friends... good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.