Upgrade RAM for 1.83 Macbook?

Reaction score
Should I upgrade the RAM to 1gig? I'm not sure if i'm going to need it now, and since I only have a job in the summer (still in high school) i'm trying to spend my money wisely. All I will be doing is chatting, photoshopping (not cs, btw) and surfing the net. Anyone know if I will be ok without the 1gig?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
depends on how intense the photoshopping is. if you occasionally work with a big picture and a lot of layers can probably deal without the ram for that one project, but if you do a lot of photoshop work the 1 gig is a good start.

Reaction score
It'll sure help if you upgrade to 1 gig and probably realize the performance difference. Do it if u got the money. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.8,1Gb,80Gb
Take A look at Newegg or TigerDirect for RAM instead of going through Apple (500 smackers for 2GB!) 1 gb shouldnt set you back very much except you would then have to replace your two 256MB chips for two 512MB but you could still throw those 256MB chips on ebay or something and not really be spending that much $$$ at all(personally if I was doing it this way I would just go up to 2GB).But if it still ends up being too much $$$ for you I do believe 512MB would be sufficient for what you are doing with your machine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.