20 inch monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I am looking to get a LCD monitor to hook up to my Macbook, the monitor I am looking at is "http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10072506&catid=22335#". It says it has both VGA/DVI input so I was going to get the Apple DVI to DVI connector. But an other thing I dont know is that by looking at the cords they aren't very long so do most monitors come with longer cords that hook into them and then hook into the DVI to DVI connector? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
oldnews said:
But an other thing I dont know is that by looking at the cords they aren't very long so do most monitors come with longer cords that hook into them and then hook into the DVI to DVI connector? Thanks.
depends on the manufacturer, but usually the monitor comes with a long cable to connect the monitor to the computer. that is what you connect to the adapter.

Reaction score
Hi, (sorry to go abit off-topic)

I recently bought a 20" monitor with VGA/DVI, but I currenty have it set up as VGA, as I have no DVI cables

I was wondering, how much of a difference is there in quality for DVI over VGA?

Is it worth getting a DVI cable?

Thanks very much.

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Ti PB G4 867MHz 1GB RAM 10.4.6
Don't spend more than you need to on a DVI to DVI cord.

Go here and get one for cheap.

http://www.hdtvsupply.com/1080pdvicables.html

I have purchased both of my component cables for my Xbox, and PS2 through these guys, and they are top notch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.