Album Art

N

natoryy

So...I get my iPod next week and I've been organizing my music getting ready to put on it. It will be a 2 GB iPod Nano. White, not that the color has anything to do with my question.

Anyway, my question is this:
I've been going through and getting album art for my music and putting it with my MP3s in iTunes. Well - I'm starting to wonder if, when I import my music, how much album art will my 2 GB iPod be able to handle?

Basically, some of the pictures I've been dragging and dropping are big - will iTunes shrink down the file size to put it on the iPod or will it just shrink the image? I know my nano won't be able to handle many big album art pictures if that's the case.

Hopefully the question makes sense...wasn't quite sure how to word it. I was just realizing, though, that maybe I should be searching specifically for little pictures instead of big ones.

And one MORE question - I've assigned all my songs with album art. When I transfer it to my iPod will there be an option to not transfer the art and just do the songs - if I start to run out of space I just want the music and not the art and don't want to have to go through and remove all the album art in order to put the music on my iPod. If I'll have to do that, I want to start doing it now.

Thanks for the help... :dummy:

OP
B

brent319

What os are you running? there are some widgets that will import album art for you if you are in 10.4

OP
N

natoryy

Still on Windows till my MacBook arrives...I've got a program that does it, though, but some of the pictures it finds are huge in size. I'm just afraid that when I put them on my iPod the file size will remain huge when all I really need is a small pic...

OP
M

macbob_416

if you want small pics go to the website www.allmusic.com and look up all your albums, and 99% of the time they'll have the album art for it. plus they're only about 200KB in size.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.