Application folder (sidebar versus home folder)

T

teacher24_70

I have a question about the applications folders. Before a portion of my hard-drive crashed and I had to replace it and reinstall software, I was sure that my applications showed up in BOTH the applications folder in the side bar and the applications in my home folder. However, I just noticed that is no longer the case. They show up in the sidebar, but the home folder's application folder shows up empty.

Shouldn't these be the same? What are the consequences of the home folder's application folder being empty?

12 inch G4 powerbook running 10.3.9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The Applications folder in your Home folder (~/Applications) and the main Applications folder (/Applications) are different. Apps in /Applications are available to all users, but those in ~/Applications are for you alone.

The one in your sidebar is the main one, /Applications. You can make an alias to /Applications in your home folder as well, if you want.

[This is not a PowerBook question. It should be moved to Mac OS X - Operating System]

OP
T

teacher24_70

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. Is there a way for me to move the thread to the correct location?

technologist said:
[This is not a PowerBook question. It should be moved to Mac OS X - Operating System]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
teacher24_70 said:
Sorry for posting in the wrong section. Is there a way for me to move the thread to the correct location?

A mod will move threads to appropriate forums :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.