• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

First Apple product

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram
I am assuming that for the majority of switchers the first Apple product was an iPod. It is like the gateway drug to the Apple lifestyle!! :)

OP
alucard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Game2954 said:
I am assuming that for the majority of switchers the first Apple product was an iPod. It is like the gateway drug to the Apple lifestyle!! :)

True. But their first taste of the Mac OSX is probably nothing like anything they've had before :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
yeah, osx was really what got me to switch. my school's computer lab has macs and windows machines and one day i decided to play around on a mac. then every time i needed to use the lab i went over to the mac side and i really got to liking osx. i think if more people got a chance to use macs there would be more switchers.

B

bilbarstow

OK - first thing - I'm old. My first Apple product was a Apple][ + with the extra 16k card to take it up to a wopping 64 k and the 80 column display. Bought new in 1981 when I graduated from college. I had a Mac 512 that I expanded to 1 M (when you had to buy the special screwdriver just to open the case) and it was a big day when I got the 10 Meg Hard Drive. I've had 3 Newtons. Had a Mac II. Then a Mac IIcx. Then a Quadra 800. Couple of Duos with Docs. Everything stopped after OS 9, because I have to work in a Windoze world. I've just gotten a Mac Mini Dual Core. I'm back !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
My first Apple product was a dead 3rd gen iPod, which I brought in January this year.

I had wanted one for years, but I couldn't afford a new one, so I brought a new hard drive and battery and fixed it up and it works great now. I also brought my first Mac computer, a G3 iMac.

I plan to get a 60GB iPod later this year and 15" MacBook Pro for Uni next year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.