Volume level

Reaction score
That's kind of annoying...I'm buying a macbook next week and don't know what I'll do without some loud speakers. Can you get some cheap speakers and plug them into the headphone jack? Does that work? Or would the sound still be pretty bad?

Reaction score
Active (i.e. with built in power amps) speakers might be an option? They should have a separate volume control(s).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
i have logitech z4s, and they sound fine with my mb. i never tried them on my mbp , but the mbp is louder but not that much.

Reaction score
But you're not going to great internal speakers on most laptops, let alone an entry level one so I can't complain.

1300 bucks for an entry level laptop is pretty steep

I don't consider the macbook a true entry level laptop

especially since it's packed with so much technology

Reaction score
I spoke with someone who indicated a possible fix via the PRAM. I'm not savvy enough to know what that's about, and I forget the rest of what he said. Does this ring a bell for anyone. The low volume is ridiculous on a product of this cost and quality.

Reaction score
Hi all. I am actually new to this forum and this is my first post :$
I have found the low volume to be a pain for a long time..had been searching all the forums for all possible resolutions but every time going and tweaking for every possible thing that you want to do on your Mac is tedious....I was so fed up with this so finally found this software called Boom, it's awesome like really awesome :D I am so much happier now :) Thanks to them for developing this!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Hi all. I am actually new to this forum and this is my first post :$
I have found the low volume to be a pain for a long time..had been searching all the forums for all possible resolutions but every time going and tweaking for every possible thing that you want to do on your Mac is tedious....I was so fed up with this so finally found this software called Boom, it's awesome like really awesome :D I am so much happier now :) Thanks to them for developing this!

That's one way to blow the speakers.

Reaction score
That's one way to blow the speakers.

I agree that you shouldn't always have the volume too high...but at times, specially when we have this movie session at my place, playing games or when others just won't stop chattering in the background it's very helpful. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 GHz macbook OS X v10.9.5 mem 4 GB 1067 MHz, Ipod Touch 4th Gen, Ipod Nanos 5th & 7th gen,
wow, the last post here is from 2007. Five years later, here I am with a white 13" macbook, which has the same problem. Itunes volume won't help, because I'm trying to watch Netflix. In 5 years Apple either can't correct the volume problem (which apparently isn't a windows problem), or won't. Why not? This isn't the cheapest of laptops, so you'd think Apple would try to go with decent performance in all areas. This is also my first venture into Macland from owning Pc's. My Pc is loud enough for Netflix or anything.

Reaction score
macpro partion lock,how to unlock

If I unpadlock the "Get info" - which I can - the permissions all say "Custom". They won't budge from that. Altering the drive's Filesharing settings in System Preferences has no effect. The icon of the drive itself has a padlock in one corner. I also can't get into it from my MacBookPro. Same thing. Padlocked icon and I can't open th

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.